Whether you’ve worked with an architectural and interior photographer before or not, it’s a simple and – dare I say it – fun process! From pre-production, the photoshoot and post-production editing, I will work collaboratively with you to ensure you receive perfect images that you love.
- We’ll kick off with a call to discuss your requirements, from location, number of images and their usage, key features that you’d like to highlight and a timescale of what needs to be done by when.
- I’ll send you an estimate, breaking down all the costs involved from start to finish, including all pre-production, production, post-production and licensing fees. This way you’ll know exactly what you’re paying for.
- You approve the estimate and I will send a detailed proposal as well as an invoice for 50% of the fees in order to secure your shoot dates.
- Next, we’ll have another call to discuss the specifics of your space. For an architectural shoot, we’ll mark up floorplans and highlight any features, angles or views you’d like me to focus on. For interiors, we will talk about your taste and plan styling and staging props. We’ll also discuss lighting. All this detail will help inform the final shot list that will tell the visual story of your project.
- We’ll schedule the shoot date and I’ll start planning practicalities such as travel, equipment, styling, model if required, parking and refreshments.
- If necessary, I can drive out to the location for a pre-visit to scout the project if it’s not too far away. It would be great if you could be there too! I will familiarise myself with the space, the light opportunities, explore various composition/angle options and iron out any problems.
- Lights, camera, action! It’s shoot day, which can last anything from 8 to 12 hours. We start early and finish late to take advantage of an array of lighting conditions.
- I’ll set up and adjust equipment, lighting, furniture and props throughout the day. Each view or angle can take anywhere between 15-45 minutes to capture, and everything will be put back exactly where it was before we finish.
- You can review and sign off the images as we go via an iPad connected to my camera if you’re present at the shoot.
Now for the extensive editing process, which usually takes much longer than actually taking the photographs! Please expect anywhere between one to two weeks for me to select and retouch the images before sending them for you to review in a private online gallery.
- Once approved, you will receive the final images to download in both full resolution or web size. You will be able to begin using them immediately.
- I’ll send you my final invoice by email.
- You pay the remaining balance.
- It’s time to open the champagne! You now have a portfolio of beautiful images to tell your space’s story and elevate your business.